SELL! SHOP! SAVE!
Half Price Sale!
- Your item will only be sold at half price during our specified half price hours.
- Keep in mind that some of our shoppers rely on the consignment sale to clothe their families, and give their children toys. Wouldn’t you rather sell your items, even at 50% off, than take it back home?
“I made as much money on my half price sales as my regularly priced merchandise! I was surprised at how much I sold at half price and was glad that someone else took it home!”
-Fall 2011 Consignor
“The half price sale was WONDERFUL, I was still able to find a ton of great items for my family and best of all, I saved even more money”
-Mom of 3, Greeley
PREPARE & TAG YOUR INVENTORY
Prepare & Tag Your Inventory
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO WITH TAGGING ADVICE!!
- Hang clothing on plastic (NO METAL OR WIRE!) hangers that are appropriately sized, with the hanger hook turned to the left (like a “?”). Outfits should be arranged as shown, with the top in front and pants hung on back. Attach matching bows, socks, etc, with tagging gun or cable (zip) ties. Please do not use safety pins to attach accessories or clothes pins to attach garments to the hangers.
- Attach one consignor tag to each item or outfit; attach the item with a tagging gun through the left armpit or waistband seam of garment. (If you were to put it on it would be in your left arm pit or on your left hip.) Only 1 tag per item in the system please, so we don’t scan the wrong tag at check out.
- Please place the barb in a seam or label as you tag to prevent creating holes in the clothing.
- You can also use the tagging gun to attach multiple items such as top and bottom of an outfit together so they aren’t separated on the sales floor. Again please make sure to place the barbs in a seam to avoid creating holes in the clothing.
- For onesies, socks, and other small items, place same-size items in zip lock bags, and attach your consignor tag using clear packing tape.
- Seal the top of the bag using packing tape. Fold the tape down across the entire opening of the bag to prevent loss or theft of your items.
- Make sure tags are attached to the outside of the bag and please do not tape over the bar code/bottom half of the tag.
- Write your seller number on the outside of your bag using a permanent marker.
If you are selling something that has an existing bar code, please either cover the bar code with your tag or mark with permanent market through the bar code as seen below.
Examples of things with existing bar codes:
Books, Games, Clothing with retail tags, Puzzles, VHS/DVDs/CDs, Video Games, Items in original box
Only shoes in very good or excellent used condition will be accepted. Shoppers won’t buy your old grubby shoes anyway! Please use cable (zip) ties to connect shoes together. Try to connect them so that at least one shoe can be tried on. Attach the tag through a fabric seam, tag, or Velcro closure. You can also attach the tag to the cable (zip) tie. The picture here has a tag through the Velcro closure.
For strollers, cribs, highchairs, car seats, and other large items, tags may be attached using cable (zip) ties or clear packing tape. Please keep the tape on the top half of the tag.
Toys & Puzzles
Please secure puzzles and toys with multiple pieces use plastic wrap or zip lock bags and attach ONE tag. Plastic wrap works great to keep items together (especially all those wooden puzzles!) and prevents pieces being lost. Press & seal wrap works well for wooden puzzles with no knobs.
Please attach tags to a seam or tag if possible. Do not tag the item together so that it cannot be unfolded for shoppers to look at. For large bedding items, like crib bumpers, these can be held together with yarn or a large resalable plastic bag.
Things like plastic comforter bags with a zipper are great to place large bedding or large toys into. Be saving these kinds of things to reuse at the sale!
We cannot sell items without tags, so please attach your tags securely. Tagging guns work best for clothing or other fabric items. Clear packing tape works for most other items. For shoes try cable (zip) ties.
Please use cable (zip) ties to keep multiple piece items together (car seats and strollers, game systems and cartridges, toys and their cases, etc.)
Donate on your tags
If you choose to donate items that don’t sell, please make sure they are not (as Arc won’t accept these):
- car seats